LDS Standard Works in a Year

New Year New Tradition!

Since the age of 15 I have challenged myself to read the Book of Mormon each year. I have loved this daily ritual and it has blessed my life greatly. After 25 years of this habit, this year, I have decided to try to read the entire LDS Standard Works in a year.

What? A friend told me you could do this in about 8-9 pages a day or about 20 minutes of listening. This is something I know I can accomplish, but it will really be a change for me. I will have to make a concerted effort to expand my reading time and will have to change my routine somewhat. I plan to do this with a hybrid of reading and listening and involving my family. One idea I have is to listen to/read the scriptures during dinner each night.

This is totally new to me, so I am open to adapting as the year goes on.

I have made two charts you can download below. The first two links are two-page format so you can print two-sided. The second format is one page, and I like this one the most. I need a reward for progress and I like to color the boxes each day as I read.

Let me know if you are planning to read along with me, I love having moral support!

LDS Standard Works 365 List
LDS Standard Works 365 List BW
LDS Standard Works 365 Chart

No comments: