2018 Meal Planning

I love to cook, I just do not always like cooking. Weeknights, sports, lessons, church, traffic, work, kids, tired, not creative, sick of my cooking, craziness, doctors visits that last all day. We all feel the same way.

Instead of resolutions at the New Year, I make challenges for myself. One of my challenges is to read the LDS Standard Works (post below). Another Challenge is to write something positive that happened down each and every day.

I have also challenged myself to cook at home 5-6 nights a week, ALL YEAR LONG. I do not cook on Friday's unless we are having a special family night, but I do count leftover nights as home cooking night because someone has to heat it all up in the microwave. I am boring, we eat tacos nearly every Wednesday night because of sports, scouts, church, meetings. I make pot roast every first Sunday of the month unless its Super Bowl. We are basic, not fancy, not fussy. I have added my 2018 meal plan below as well as my most tried and true recipes, and a few new ones, I may end up hating. I will totally adjust this as the year goes on, but this nice little game plan will be a nice start.

Tip: I clean out my fridge every Friday and make a meal plan and grocery list when I am not hungry. I stick to the week's meal plan pretty religiously because I hate wasting food.  When I make lasagna, enchiladas, spaghetti sauce, or anything else that freezes well, I usually double or quadruple my recipe and this saves me so much time and angst.

2018 Meal Plan

Cookbook

Blank Word Calendar Template 

No comments: